Trends in the Startup World - TechDay 2017
Startups are contributing creative ideas, products and services to the world at rates faster than ever before. Not only are their ideas improving our lives, but they’re also providing inspiration for people to follow their passions and start their own businesses.
At TechDay 2017, we had the opportunity to learn about some of the up-and-coming startups who are at the forefront of new and exciting trends in both the gig economy and the tech space
The Sharing Economy is Growing
More and more startups are tapping into the potential of the sharing economy. These companies are building expansive networks—enabling everyday individuals to help one another.
- Teachers Pay Teachers: a network of educators who can share their work, insights and advice with one another.
- Breather: a comprehensive database of workspaces for freelancers and independent businesses to utilize.
- Via: a ride-sharing network that offers affordable flat rates in New York City, Washington D.C. and Chicago.
Technology is Making our Lives Easier
There’s no doubt that technological capabilities are growing every day. These companies are showcasing the innovative ways technology can be used to make our lives better and easier.
- Dog Parker: smart dog houses that are located outside of stores that don’t allow animals inside—providing a safe and comfortable place for them to stay while you shop.
- Framery: phone booths and meeting pods for shared office spaces that contain noises produced by phone calls and meetings.
- Ribyt: an online platform designed to help event planners track invitations, manage guest lists and create digital itineraries for guests.
On-The-Go Services are Booming
The need for speed is infiltrating every aspect of our lives. This company is bringing an important service to the palms of our hands.
- Bixby: a mobile resident portal that allows residents and managers to communicate quickly and efficiently—making things like rental payments and maintenance requests seamless.
- Updater: a tech company that is streamlining the way people move by helping users easily transfer utilities, forward mail and book moving companies all at once and in one place.
- Zeamo: a global gym directory that enables users to search and find gyms in their area based on the activities and classes they’re interested in.
TechDay was an exciting opportunity to meet and connect with these, and many more, innovative startups. Just like Humans, they’re working hard to make the world a better place for people across the nation. Be sure to check them out and see how their ideas can help make your life easier!